Centre For Cancer Nutrition
A warming porridge which is both quick and easy to make. Perfect for a Winter's morning when you need some energy to see you through the day. Enjoy!
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ½ cup water
- ½ tablespoon rice malt syrup, optional
- ½ cup coconut milk or cream
- Fruit, jam, chopped nuts, fresh berries, Greek or coconut yoghurt etc to serve on top.
- Place all ingredients, except coconut milk and the toppings into a small saucepan and mix well to combine. Cook over a medium heat, stirring.
- Once it starts to thicken, add the coconut milk. Stir while bubbling gently for another minute or two. Add extra liquid if the porridge becomes too thick.
- Serve in a bowl sprinkled with toppings of your choice.
For loss of weight or dry mouth & throat: Stir through ¼ cup of plain Greek yoghurt once the porridge has thickened.
- Alexandra Stewart